Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Is It Just You?


“There was an apple in the dream... and a horse.”

“What do you make of that?”

“The apple, I think, represents life. Seeds form a core, from which all else grows. Such a small and humble beginning that expands into something greater than could be imagined.”

“And the horse?”

“Motion, going somewhere.”

“Where?”

“It could be escape. Or a necessary journey, perhaps even a transition of sorts.”

“Could it be both?”

“Yes, I believe so.”

“Why the juxtaposition of apple and horse?”

“I've been wondering that myself. If the apple is life and the horse is escape, then it's an attempt to escape life.”

“And how does one do that?”

“Death, I suppose, though that seems a bit drastic.”

“Does it have to be physical death, or could it be metaphorical... symbolic in some sense?”

“I see your point. Maybe the death of a part of me, a role. The horse guides me away from what I was to what I will become.”

“You were a seed, now you will be a fruit?”

“Yes, something like that. I'm not sure I'd call myself a fruit, but that's the idea.”

“Are there other possible interpretations?”

“I imagine there probably are.”

“And what might those be?”

“The apple and horse could represent nothing more than themselves.”

“Do you believe that?”

“I'm not sure.”

“What would you learn if that interpretation were true?”

“That sometimes people dream about apples and horses.”

“People?”

“Me.”

“Why did you extrapolate from your own personal experience to all people?”

“I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.”

“We all do it.”

“Do we? Or is it just you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment