Monday, April 25, 2016

Least Interesting Man in the World


I'm in the process of making what I hope will become beer. Right now it's sitting in a tub in a closet. Five gallons of liquid that should be drinkable in a few weeks. If not, at least we'll have a lot of it.

It gives me a new appreciation for professional brewers.

* * *

False start, let's try something else. I don't even know what, we're just trying to fill the quota here. Literally nothing of interest happened yesterday. I watched a documentary about a bicycle race, continued watching Bob's Burgers, and made progress on H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds.

I walked to a Japanese market on Convoy to pick up some sushi and chicken karaage for lunch, listened to a few podcasts, and fell asleep in a chair in the backyard.

Face it, I'm the least interesting man in the world.

* * *

Which brings us back to beer. Or advertising. Here's a question: Why is it that the shittiest products have the funniest commercials? I've often found myself laughing my ass off at a pitch for what looks like the most disgusting hamburger in the world, thinking a) that's hilarious and b) I don't ever want to use their restroom, let alone eat their food.

* * *

Still short of the quota. Hopelessly stuck. Need words... need... words. Dying out here.

This is the part where I'm grateful that nobody reads my practice sessions. Read the finished product, not the process, which is nastier than those hamburgers in the hilarious commercial.

Hamburgers. Sausage. How is the sausage made? Seems like there's a joke here, but maybe not.

* * *

That's the thing with beer. You make it, stash it away for a while, and hope it turns into something good. Just like writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment