Today's goals are simple:
- Write this—Seems
straightforward enough and achievable, especially since I've decided
to make a list rather than assemble paragraphs.
- Slap together a quick book
review—Something more profound than “I liked it” would be good
(although “I liked it” is an accurate assessment).
- Work on the novel.
- Clean up yesterday's mess—I
don't even know where to start, but then I never know where to
start, which is a good place to start.
- Move forward with today's mess—You
could define a writer as someone who makes a mess and then tries to
clean it up, and not be far from the truth.
- Clean up yesterday's mess—I don't even know where to start, but then I never know where to start, which is a good place to start.
- Edit someone else's article—This
is hard for me because an actual person wrote the words and probably
loves them more than I do.
- Go to the gym—Technically
I'm just driving my wife, so this is a gimme; I get to read a book.
- Record a podcast—Talk into
a microphone and have someone else record it; the hard part is
having something interesting to say, which is the hard part of many
things in life.
- Put bottles of beer in the refrigerator—This
is actually homebrew that isn't quite ready but that I want to test
as a reference point so I can hopefully learn how to do it better
- Watch baseball—I haven't
checked the schedule yet, don't know if this is even possible; might
watch Star Trek
instead, which wouldn't be the worst thing.